<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12862318?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-la.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, June 12, 2010

my ah gong went to his eternal home early thursday morning.
Today, his physical body entered the soil.

He's really old.
some says he's 94, some says 95, some says 97.
anyway, u get the idea, he's reeeeeaaally old.

He was healthy all the way until his fall on March this year.
Old people really cannot fall.
The impact of a fall is unthinkable, disastrous.
Like ah gong.
I've seen his health deteriorate very quickly. Everytime i see him, be it a few months apart or a few days apart, his health obviously worsens speedily.
He could still respond to my calls last Tues (1st June) when I visited him at the hospital, he could still speak a little.
Last Fri (4th June), he could hardly speak, but I could still feel that he was aware of our presence and was glad that we were around.
Last Sun, he couldnt even eat. He made no response at all to any of our calls and concern. He didn't even have enough strength to lift up his hand to scratch the itch on his face.
Those who were there, we turned away, afraid that our tears will fall.
I really hoped that he would be relieved of all these suffering quickly.

God's timing was so perfect.
Benben came back Tues midnight, visited ah gong immediately on Wed, and ah gong passed away 5am on Thurs morning. As if ah gong waited all these while to see Ben.

Yes, I do miss my ah gong dearly, I do miss his groans, his laughter, his joyfulness, his cheerfulness, his cute and funny words and actions..
But no, I am not sad at all that he has left this world.
In fact I'm rejoicing for him for I know he's in a much much better place than here..

Some said I'm weird for not being sad at all, some may even think that I am unfilial.

I have no comments.
I really don't feel sad, how?
I will not "feel sad" just because I want to be labelled as a "filial granddaughter".
I fully enjoyed my ah gong's presence, tried my best to keep him happy and healthy, and I now fully rejoice he's relief of suffering on Earth.

Call me whatever u wanna call me!


11:04 pm 0 comments