A few weeks back, I decided I've had enough of the heat in PGP. Imagine having to shower every other hour, having to wake at 4 or 5 am just to shower because the heat is affecting my sleep, having to perspire even when I sit really still at one corner of my pathetically small room.. I just had enough!!
So I went one day, to NTUC and found myself a lovely fan which is just the right size and is on SALE!
I was really excited because I could sleep through the night at last! So it became a habit to turn the fan on every time I entered my room. And whichever direction I turned, I turned the fan to face me too. I was happy for slightly less than 2 weeks... One day I realized the wind from the fan is very weak. I turned to number 1, it had stronger wind than number 2 or 3!!! And when I tried to find out why the fan became so dumb, it got worse by the minute!! Until at last I think my breath is stronger than the wind from it. ARGGGHHHH!!! Then I left it there to cool, and turned it on after a few hours. THE MOTOR SMOKED!! Stupid fan motor! It was a Saturday. So I spent the weekend without a fan, having to go through many showers again. When Monday was finally here, I called up Akira first thing in the morning to ask if they would fix my fan and how long it would take. 7-9 freaking work days!!! HOW AM I GONNA SURVIVE!!!
Heck it. I threw away the fan immediately, and went to Best Denki right after that call. I complained to the salesperson about the stupid AKIRA I bought, and asked him to give me a GOOD one that can last me 24/7/365. He introduced me this and I bought it! MADE IN MALAYSIA. yes, the main difference between the 2 fans, the other one was MADE IN C***A. My marketing module this sem taught me that perception affects a person's buying behavior. And the example the lecturer gave was on that C country, and she said NOT ALL goods there are bad, and she says its all perception. YAYAYA, if I didnt already have a bad perception on C products, I NOW HAVE! I'm so gonna boycot C products (esp for electrical appliances), I'm so gonna badmouth AKIRA!!! It couldnt even last for 2 weeks!!! And it gave me a 1 year warranty!! WHAT FOR?! so i can spend on bus fare every 2 weeks to fix it? NO WAY!
Anyway, Panasonic has given me a great time for these few weeks. And the best thing is, when I touch the motor in the morning (having on it for the whole night), its not hot at all!!!
So friends, SAY NO TO AKIRA. And at the same time, MALAYSIA BOLEH!