<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12862318?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-la.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Saturday, September 13, 2008

We went to support Yuan Yi and Wei Qi's chinese dance performance tonight.
Me and Ke Yang were the 'latest' to buy our tickets though we bought it in July.. so we were the only 2 who sat on the 7th row while the rest of the gang sat on the 2nd row :(

It was sooooooooooooooooo good!!!
I really thank Yuan Yi for dancing, because if not for supporting her, I wouldnt have bought the ticket to watch this performance and what a waste that would be.
Thinking it was gonna be just like any other chinese dance performance, I prepared myself for the worst. I sat next to Ke Yang, so we can chat when I get bored.
But way no! it was so interesting! I paid FULL 200% attention the WHOLE one and a half hour..

Titled 《··》 .

They started off with the Qing dynasty, where the dancers were all dressed in the traditional i-dont-know-what-its-called clothes

and even shoes (旗鞋) as they danced~ wow!

Just to give u a sneak peek on how the dance was.
I sat not in the very front, so its a bit unclear, and super short. but well, just so u can get a feel of it.
Hey i took the risk and recorded this secretly okay! shhhhh~!





Then from the Qing Dynasty, they danced into the era where they have to sneak illegally into other countries to get jobs to survive.
This was when lovers and families were separated, where a lot of pain and struggles came into the picture. They were so good in their expressions that i cried. And after the performance, Ke Yang complained to the whole world that i WEEPED VERY BADLY in there. Hey i really didnt okay!! I just cried a little bit, dont frame me!!
Anyway, nobody else cried. thats really bad, everyone was sleeping i guess?

Well anyways, from that era they slowly danced into the modern singapore society.

What a fantastic performance right from the start. I didnt want it to end, but well it has to stop somewhere.
Sigh, it just makes me so interested in learning to dance. Probably u can tell that I have the inborn talent in dancing? well all i need is a trainer :P

There's me anxiously waiting for the dancers to come out so that I can present the cute cute flowers me and Ke Yang bought for them

and tada! Yuan Yi was out first.. with her thick make up. SO THICK!

And next was WeiQi, my ex-roommate. She danced so well!!!
Haha I've never taken a picture with her until just now. So much for living in the same room for a month!!


Thats WeiQi and her boyfriend, Chee Kin.



I almost forgot to include our group picture.

Okay thats all for the dance. I still want to say, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!

anyone wanna attend dance classes with me?

Now this is the super beautiful view from Uni of Science and Tech (UST) in Hong Kong - took me so long to get it from shikun who's having his exchange there and it turns out to be only a few seconds long :(






Oh man, why doesnt NUS have such a beautiful view??? sigh.

11:38 pm 0 comments