<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12862318?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-la.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Sunday, August 10, 2008

A post on rag.
Non-raggers might feel a bit lost reading this post. Forgive me for not explaining further. I'm just so lazy to.

Rag is finally over and done for.
How very tiring! We stayed up for almost the whole week to help our juniors.
Juli even stayed over in my room, so that it is convenient to help them. The rest of the former rag comm like JJ, PeiZhi, QinYao, WenHua stayed over at the ragsite! JonC, Rui Sheng, LiRen, Jason, Don etc came down as often as they could to help as well. How dedicated us seniors are.
Though us seniors ALWAYS say - its not our rag anymore, LEAVE THEM ALONE!

but not once can we really 'leave them alone'
Looking at their progress each time we went down to help, we just wanted to vomit blood.
Now that things are over and we the Business School AGAIN won as the overall champion, I wonder how the float will look like without our help.


Well, undeniably we had loads of fun ragging, us seniors.
We always have fun ragging.
Our craziness never ended. Endless laughter and fun.

This below is actually the structure to cover the lorry head.
Our rainbow is built on both sides of this structure..
And tada! It really looks like those neoprint boxes. HAHA

Oh ignore my rabbit pose.


And we almost lost our minds doing rag. Especially Juli, wrong colour for the rainbow!!

Lets LAUGH AT HER! HAHAHAHAHA



This was how we made the clouds.

Out of *ahem* tissue paper.

Hungry hungry
And they turned gay.
awwwww~
We have RAG COMM SHIRTS TOO!!!!
Though we paid for them ourselves, i really think we deserve the shirts more than many of their rag comm members.
And that was the messy messy ragsite.
Okay here comes the big day.
08.08.08 = RAGDAY.
First to perform was the business float.
Looks not bad huh~
It won itself a shield for being the 'cheapest' float.
A limited few photos can be enlarged for better view.



There's a tiny rocket inside the float in between the sun which can move only about 100cm?
But the idea is cool.
The performance was super fantastic for pharmacy.
The blue thing on the right, it can move up and down whereas for the tank on the main float, it can turn to shoot.

Please look below, how detailed the structures are.
The 8 white fingers on the float, they can move!!!
Every float has their specialty. Really beautiful wonderful creative structures.
Thats why i love rag.

Below, the float for Arts faculty.
There's a 'cobra' trapped inside the purple thing.
The Arts faculty won the Best float for faculties.
Well well, thats all for the LOW standard floats.
Lets look at some quality floats that each hall had been working on for more than 3 months.
King Edward 7 Hall

There's actually a joker in the middle of the float, which can move back and forth!!
Magnificent!!!
Sheares Hall
The blue face on top, it can turn to become a happy face and a clock.
Cool!!
And the float can open where the key is, and lo and behold, inside u can find a LIVE BAND!!
All these were made known during the performance, gave us all a huge surprise and loads of wow-s!


How very intricate!
Such a beautifully made structure, but all they won was the 'least cost' shield. the same as business's float.
See the yellow clock thing? Ya, that was what i was meant! IT CAN CHANGE.
Temasek Hall
Very very creative.
They won a shield for that, being creative.
Their performance was really really interesting. The F1 car is on a stage that can move and shake when the performer is in it, just as if he were driving the car.
Here comes my favourite:
Eusoff Hall
Sadly, they didnt win a single shield :(
But they're invited to perform in Chingay!!





Amazing float!!!
I love it sooooo so much!
And here comes the float which swept almost ALL the shields (prizes).
Kent Ridge Hall


There's a disco ball inside the shoe house. And we knew that during the performance when the shoe opened up a little from the top, and the disco ball popped out.
Fantastic!
Yep the same theme for Eusoff Hall and Kent Ridge Hall, both shoehouses.
And both were invited for Chingay. woooohooo~!!
I was truly disappointed in the turnups for business that day.
Look how pitiful we were.
I remember when I was in Year1, we could barely squeeze everyone into the cheerbox! And this year? there's even enough space for half of them to lie down. I'm ashamed to admit that I cried because of that. How I miss the times and the memories when the BizAd spirit was so strong and crazy. Me and Juli both feel that there is now a change in tradition. The tradition, the rag and flag spirit, the passion etc all are gone. We can no longer feel the strong passion in the juniors. How sad isnt it?
Well I strongly feel that was what the rag comm lacked this year. The Rag spirit. The bond.
Is this the end of our glorious fun ragging days or the beginning of a whole new era of fun and joy?
I seriously dont know.




Though we won more shields as compared to last year, I dont feel as happy as I felt last year.
Okay you may fair it out by saying I'm not part of the rag comm or I didnt contribute as much as I did last year, but somehow the feeling's different.
Again I feel its the Rag Spirit. This year there's a lack of rag spirit.
Well well, I think that should be the end of rag for me?
I would love to do rag again, but to a whole new team of rag comm, i guess it will be very awkward if i offer to help as a senior. Let it be. Thats the end of my glorious ragging days *sigh*.
Well from the group picture below, bizad seems to have many supporters that day after all :)




5:10 pm 0 comments