<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/12862318?origin\x3dhttp://pretty-la.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Thursday, August 21, 2008

I met Sarah in the toilet for the first time.
She's our cluster leader, an exchange student from Wales. woohoo~
She was wrapped up by only a piece of towel with her hair dripping wet, while im dressed *ahem* normally. And we stood there in front of the sink and chatted for a good whole 30 minutes.
A gorgeous lady like her with a strong British accent made me miss Britain.
I totally miss their accent and slangs and their f*ing all the time.
I miss saying cheers instead of thanks, miss saying cya instead of bye etc. sigh.

She told me she went to Kuala Lumpur last weekend, 12 of the exchange students, i know 2 others who were in her gang.
I, proud to be a Malaysian, was just about to brag about my beloved city when she said - THAT IS THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER BEEN TO!
@@
Er okay.

After listening to her experience, I fully agree with her that being put in her position, I'd condemn KL to hell.

1) EVERYONE, she said, was trying to rip them off. Even the counter staff in McD tried to sell them RM2 per pack of chilli sauce.. er, im not sure if its the same for everyone or only for these poor foreigners since i havent had McD in KL for months.
2) All other hotels were fully booked, leaving them no choice but to stay in the RM6 per night room in Kota Raya. There were prostitutes everywhere, stealing people's wallets and belongings right in front of our eyes! she exclaimed. We've learnt that cheap things aren't good in KL.
3) She drank a bottle of water which wasnt sealed properly initially, and she was sick throughout the whole trip. She ate no good food consequently.
4) She was out at night clubbing with her bunch of friends, the INDIANS tried touching them. *eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeks!!!*
5) Because she's from Great Britain, A LOT of strangers on the streets from Iran came up to her to ask her if she would allow them to enter the UK. (the UK forbids the entry of people from Iran now) As if she can do something about it hah!
6) 3 of her friends were blondes, and for i-also-dont-know-what reasons, strangers on the streets kept touching their blonde hair!!!!!
7) There were so many beggars, and some of them put their little babies in the arms of these girls! They were stunned and didnt know how to react.
8) We went out at night, and we had to control ourselves not to get drunk. No, not here, we definitely cannot get drunk in KL! And i told her that even locals like me dare not go out at night.

So should I continue saying?
I looked at her with this sympathetic face, not knowing what to say to her.
And she said - 'I didnt like Singapore originally, I'm not used to this place. But after having been to KL, I now LOVE Singapore.'
She called her mom in the UK during her first night in KL and cried to her saying that she wanted to leave the place and go home immediately.
I can tell from talking to her that she's the outgoing kind who loves adventure and making friends.
And to imagine a person with such dynamic personality breaking down, crying and begging to be brought out of the place, the trip to KL truly must have been a terrible nightmare to her.
Now what will she tell her fellow mates about KL after this horrifying experience?

Malaysia, YOU REALLY BOLEH!!

Haih, what can we do as Malaysians to make our country a better place?
I still am proud of being a Malaysian, but no I'm not proud of my country the state its in.
But do visit KL still. Its a lovely city despite the crimes and inconveniences and dirt and smell and horrifying people and er.. do visit KL still!

9:14 pm 3 comments