Thursday, February 28, 2008
I did a big job last night.I screwed the lock to my door,almost all by myself.Eh hello, u think easy?Follow me through the process below:A bit bloody n disgusting thoughsays Odeliathose with heart attack please stop reading now.Gathering the necessary tools wasnt easy.I needed nails to firstly hammer a hole through the wood,then pull it out, and screw the screw in.U think easy?Screwing the screw part was dammmmmn difficult okay!!Needed strength and accuracy.And the bloody screws gave me a bloody time =(Screwing was never easy i suppose~Oh ya, and i have to thank the hardware shop uncle who generously gave me 5 nails without taking any money from me.He was the one who taught me how to do it.Thank you thank you uncle!!I couldnt find the hammer, so i used the metal long heavy thing down here in the pic to hammer.
My first screw:
and the second:

suceeded without any problems at all!!I was sooooooooooooooooooo proud of myself!Then i was taught that one cannot be too proud of him/herself.Look what happened next!

That was when i was working on my 3rd screw.
Hurts okay!!!
But not giving up, i finally managed to screw in screw 3:


Nicely done!Then i continued tightening the screw until:


At least it was in already.Not so bad.
I moved on to screw four and:


Again.Fantastic.
This one hurt so much more than the first one.
I wanted to cry =(
Then i called odelia to complain.
Poor her had to listen to my rants and whines..
Up till this point,
my housemate Andrew came knocking on my door,
he thought someone was knocking at our house door when i hammered the nail..
Haha.. anyway, he didnt offer to help the first time he came knocking.
It was when Sylvia commented that he was not being gentleman enough to offer help that he came asking if i needed help.
I tried to look as pitiful as possible,
showing him the 2 injured fingers..
and so he helped.
Yay!
Amazingly,
with his help we managed to screw the other 2 screws in less than 10 mins.
While the 4 screws above that i did myself took me more than 2 hrs..
Finally its done.YAHOO!!!

Okay well the 2 pics above is specially dedicated to LOW SIEW YING
who complained that my face in the rest of my photos is too small.
I'm giving u a big one here darling!
OKay so i'm done with the lock inside my room.
I have the outside one to complete.
Dont know how many fingers im going to hurt this time..
And as i told Odelia yesterday,
i have to find a bf who knows how to do these stuff and will WILLINGLY help.
She suggested Andrew.
BLUUUUUEEEKKKSSSS!!
i dont wanna be a maid!